Thursday, November 13, 2008

Here We Go Again

So it's been nine years since my first blog (hangingon . . . ) which has mostly disappeared into the inter-ether. I blogged pretty well for about two years between 1999 and 2001. It included lots of stuff about the 2000 election, about business school and about random crap. Some of it was actually kinda good. (Mostly the poems.)

I gave up blogging for a couple of different reasons. I became a bit self aware about my audience, worried that I would somehow say something that would be offensive or overly personal. I worried about work (what, exactly, I don't know). I worried that all my political posts were soundling like rip-offs of Andrew Sullivan and all my personal posts were just whiney. So I stopped.

So maybe it's time to start again. Maybe I was just boycotting blogging during the Bush years. My interests haven't changed much. Assuming I keep this thing up it will likely be filled with posts about:
  • Economics and specifically how we measure and value social good in the free market
  • Politics of the national variety mostly
  • Educational reform which may be a little tricky since it's work and all.
  • Peronsal stuff
  • Poetry
That's it. Let's see if this takes.